Rochester Dermatologic Surgery is abiding by all local, state, and national guidelines regarding the management of medical offices and public places with respect to COVID-19 precautions.
We understand that this is one of the most serious public health crises that our community has faced and are doing everything to ensure your safety and comfort during your visit to our facility. We have made appropriate modifications in our patient flow to minimize risk to our guests and staff.
We ask that patients with upcoming appointments respect the recommendations put forth by the State of New York and that you:
- Reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, loss of smell, loss of taste, or shortness of breath.
- Reschedule your visit if you have recently traveled to a region that has a high prevalence of COVID-19 and have not quarantined for 14 days.
- Reschedule your visit if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past without a follow up negative COVID-19 test.
- Reschedule your visit if you have had contact with a COVID-19 positive individual in the past 14 days.
- Wear a mask while in public areas of the office and only remove your mask if the area being worked on by your physician requires you to do so.
- Wash your hands and sanitize frequently.
Your comfort and safety are our top priority. To achieve these goals we have implemented the following changes:
- We have upgraded our HVAC to use MERV-13 air filters for the highest level of air filtration.
- Arrival for your visit only at the scheduled time. If you arrive early, please remain in your vehicle until your appointment time.
- We are disinfecting all common areas regularly including check-in, waiting room, and restrooms.
- All patient rooms are being sanitized between every patient visit.
- All staff are wearing masks at all times and gloves when in contact with patients.
- Please have your companion wait in your vehicle during your treatment. If necessary, one individual may be allowed to accompany you, but must join you in your procedure room.
- To minimize traffic in the waiting area, we are not allowing more patients in the facility than there are treatment rooms. Wait times may be necessary, but all chairs are arranged in socially distanced fashion.
- We are requiring all personnel to stay home and be tested if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.